Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Walking in the Neighborhood

I thought some of you might be sick of pictures of my children.  Instead, here are some pics of my walk through the neighborhood this morning on my way home from taking Eli to school.  It is downright cool out -- in the 70s.  Heavenly.


Every morning, there are 3-4 women chopping the crap out of giant bags of vegetables.  Here's the aftermath. 




I walk down this sidewalk daily, minding my own business.  Then I come upon this beauty salon.  It takes me 14-16 hours to get that @#$%^ song out of my head.




In China, and likely many other countries, construction workers live onsite until the project is completed.  Note the small, ramshackle, worker housing just in front of the modern Himalaya Center.  What can't be fully appreciated from this photo, is the odor wafting from the dwellings.  




There is a fairly constant turnover of stores in our neighborhood.  One day an eyeglass store will be there.  The next day there are people shoveling rubble and turning it into a bread store.  I'm not sure what this Mobil station is turning into, but I do know that woman is working hard.




I see this man pretty much every morning.  Always in those awesome pjs.




If your toe ever looks like this, there's a spa in our neighborhood that will fix it right up for you.  Just look for the pajama man (see above) and then go five shops down.



 

2 comments:

  1. Sing us a song, you're the pajama man....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! I just saw him again this morning :).

    ReplyDelete